CURRENT ACCOMPLISHMENTS / WISH LIST
- Refurbishing windows on Lee and King street sides with help of a grant from Economic Development Board - Spring 2011
- Completely remodeled back porch - changed from a loading dock with railroad ties, to a deck area - Spring/Summer 2010
- Repaired roof - 2010
- Hung tapestries between the large columns in the center of the main hall to allow the room to be divided. These can be pulled back if the entire area is used, or can be kept
closed to maximize the heating and a/c in each side. It also
softens the look of the hall and aids in acoustics. (2009)
- Light for flag pole so we can fly flag all the time (wish)
- Sign showing meeting place for Rotaries & Golden K (wish)
- Find a tenant for the upstairs area who would do the refurbishing (big wish)
- Restore Post Office building to serve the greater Hunt County community by using it for civic meetings, conventions, banquets, weddings, anniversaries, birthdays, etc.
- Create rentable office space for non-profit organizations and professional firms.
- Restore and preserve an important building that is part of our heritage.
- Work closely with Main Street by being an integral participant in downtown revitalization.
WHAT'S BEEN ACCOMPLISHED
- Environmental Study completed - very little asbestos to be abated.
- Removed all temporary structures on main floor.
- Reclaimed marble floors in lobby areas.
- Reclaimed hardwood floor in main sorting room.
- Audie Murphy Days events held here in June 2005 - 1st Event Refinished the walls througout the main floor.
- Purchased banquet tables and chairs.
- Installed a catering Kitchen Greenville Chamber Business Expo held in November 2005.
- Reclaimed small offices both in the front and back of the main sorting room.
- The offices in the back were converted into a small meeting room, complete with a board table large enough to seat 18 - 25 people. This room makes a GREAT area for the bride and her attendants.
- Finished installing updated Air Conditioning & Heating in the main hall in 2006
- Hung chandeliers, wall sconces and ceiling fans - completed March 2008
- Greenville Noon and Daybreak Rotary Clubs hold weekly meetings in building, as do the Golden K
- Weekends are filled up with weddings, quinceaneros, church dinners, birthday parties, anniversaries and a host of other events.
- Weekday use is varied from classes to polical forums to annual Main Street meetings.
- Purchase additional banquet tables and chairs.
- Purchase furniture for the lobby areas.
- Install additional equipment in the catering kitchen.
- Move the women's bathroom, reclaiming the large beautiful window in the main hall. This will also allow additional men's facilities.
- Renovate the Audie Murphy enlistment room. We would like to renovate the old recruitment offices to look similar to what they were in WWII.
- Begin restoration of exterior to a historically correct state.
- Install elevator (3 stories) Reclaim large office spaces on the top floor - which would be available for rental.
- Reclaim classrooms in the basement. Complete restoration of the exterior.
Making Financial Donations
County Interfaith Foodbank is also happy to accept financial donations. All Financial Donations assist our ministry in covering overhead costs, purchasing food, and assisting in expanding our services.
For more information on donating to County Interfaith Foodbank, feel free to e-mail us at donations@interfaithFoodbank.org or call us at (555) 777-1111.